Register today for The Poet’s Toolkit at ZingaraPoet@gmail.com, a Five week online class
Attend as many or as few classes as you like: $20 per class or $75 for all five weeks
This five-week course will focus on several of the most integral craft elements of poetry writing and is suitable for writers in any genre. Whether new to the craft or a long-time practitioner, this online class will help you bring focus and new energy to your poetry.
Each lesson will center on a particular skill and will include sample readings and discussion of the week’s craft element. A selection of representative poems meant to spark lively discussion will be included as will a number of fun and engaging writing prompts.
- Week One: Vivid details and Sensory images
- Week Two: Creating surprising similes, metaphors, and other figurative images
- Week Three: Narrative to imagination (moving from chronology to association)
- Week Four: Reinvigorating syntax and sentences
- Week Five: Serious fun with serious revision
Facilitator: Lisa Hase-Jackson, MFA, passionately believes that great writing comes from active imagination and a careful eye, two characteristics easily cultivated through playfulness.