Accepting registrations now:
The Poet’s Toolkit
Five week self-paced online workshop for writers
While this five-week course will focus on several of the most integral craft elements of poetry writing, it is suitable for writers in any genre. Whether new to creative writing or a long-time practitioner, this online class will help you bring greater focus and new energy to your writing.
Each lesson will center on a particular skill and will include sample readings and discussion of the week’s craft element. A selection of representative poems meant to spark lively discussion will be included as will a number of fun and engaging writing prompts.
Students are invited to write a poem each week in response to any of the readings or prompts. While sharing is always optional, students may do so on a private discussion board. Students are also free to simply follow along with the weekly lessons.
Feedback on poems from me is available on request.
- Week One: Drawing on vivid details and sensory images for your poems
- Week Two: Creating surprising similes, metaphors, and other figurative images
- Week Three: Narrative to imagination (moving from chronology to association)
- Week Four: Reinvigorating syntax and sentences
- Week Five: Serious fun with serious revision
Price: $20.00 for ala cart classes or $75.00 for all five weeks. Scholarships are available to students and recent graduates. Contact Lisa at email@example.com for more information or to register.