- Believing you are of the wrong age, weight, gender, race, nationality, religion or anything else other or not other.
- Always attending conferences.
- Never attending conferences.
- Only reading Facebook and Twitter posts.
- Only reading what you like and or that which doesn’t challenge your sensibilities.
- Reading only the genre in which you write.
- Sacrificing your health, family, values, and quality of writing for the sake of getting published.
- Believing you don’t have a story to share.
- Not locking your office door (or otherwise protecting your writing time and space) when you write.
- Saying no when you should say yes.
- Saying yes when you really mean no.
- Never doing research.
- Doing too much research.
13 More Ways to Sabotage Your Writing Practice