Every Week, No Registration Required:
ONLINE Drop-in Write-In: Join us every Tuesday at 7:00pm and Thursday at Noon (Eastern) via Zoom (login info below).
A prompt will be offered at the beginning of the workshop and remain available on screen for the entire hour. While examples will usually be in the form of poetry, all prompts and exercises are suitable for any genre of creative writing. Watch blog for announcements and details.
A sample writing prompt/exercise is available here:
A suggested goodwill donation of $10.00 through Venmo (@Lisa-Hase-Jackson) or PayPal (email@example.com) helps greatly.
Log onto zoom and enter Meeting ID: 512 194 9100. You will be placed in the waiting room to be admitted shortly thereafter.
- Tuesday, March 2 @7:00PM: Dreams
- Thursday, March 4 @12:00 Noon: Dreams
- Tuesday, March 9 @7:00PM: Escape
- Thursday, March 11 @12:00 Noon: Escape
- Tuesday, March 16 @7:00PM: Duende
- Thursday, March 18 @12:00 Noon: Duende
- Tuesday, March 23 @7:00PM: Power
- Thursday, March 25 @12:00 Noon: Power
- Tuesday, March 30 @7:00PM: Music
- Thursday, April 1 @12:00 Noon: Music
- Tuesday, April 6 @7:00PM: Surprise
- Thursday, April 8 @12:00 Noon: Surprise
- Tuesday, April 13 @7:00PM: Association
- Thursday, April 15 @12:00 Noon: Association
- Tuesday, April 20 @7:00PM: Rhythm
- Thursday, April 22 @12:00 Noon: Rhythm
- Tuesday, April 27 @7:00PM: Celebration
- Thursday, April 29 @12:00 Noon: Celebration
ONLINE Wednesday Afternoon Poetry Workshop and Study Group: We meet every other Wednesday from 1:00-3:00pm via Zoom. Next 12-week session begins January 20. Each week we discuss a chapter from a craft book, workshop poetry, and respond to a writing exercise or prompt. $180.00 for six meetings.
Winter Session 2021: January 20 (orientation) January 27, Feb. 10, Feb. 24, March 10, March 24, April 7. (Text: Best Words, Best Order by Stephen Dobyns)IN SESSION
- Spring/Summer Session 2021: April 14 (orientation), April 21, May 5, May 19, June 2, 16 & 30 and July 7 (note: one-week instead of the usual 2 between last two dates).
ONLINE Creative Writing for Adults: Creative writing increases productivity and inventive problem solving in all aspects of life, from business to education to parenting. Each week we will explore imaginative writing prompts and exercises to inspire personal essays, blogs, short stories, creative nonfiction, and poetry. Offered through Blair Center for the Arts
Session I: Thursdays, 5pm – Feb. 18, 25, March 4 & 11
Session 2: Thursdays, 5pm – March 18, 25, April 1 & 8
Session 3: Thursdays, 5pm – April 15, 22, 29 & May 6
Session 4: Thursdays, 5pm – May 13, 20, 27 & June 3
ONLINE Creative Writing for Teens: This is a Pressure-free, creativity-expanding creative writing course for writers ages 13-17. Imaginative prompts and exercises each week to inspire personal essays, short stories, creative nonfiction, and poetry. Offered through Blair Center for the Arts
Session I: Tuesdays, 3:30 PM, Feb. 16, Feb. 23, March 2 & March 9
Session 2: Tuesdays, 3:30 PM, March 16, March 23, March 30 & April 6Creative
Session 3: Tuesdays, 3:30 PM, April 13, April 20, April 27 & May 4
Session 4: Tuesdays, 3:30 PM, May 11, May 18, May 25, & June 1