Yoga and Memoir Writing Workshop: Write, Heal, Transform: Come explore the intimate connection between Yoga and memories and discover how combining asanas and writing nurtures powerful writing. Join myself and yoga instructor Jessica Merritt via Zoom from 6:30-8:30pm Thursdays in October for 4 weeks (October 8, 15,22 & 29). Participants will be led through a yoga series and a memoir writing exercise during each session. Stay centered and make progress on your memoir. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Poetry Manuscript Workshop: This four-week workshop is ideal for poets working toward compiling a collection of poems for a full- or chap-sized manuscript and would like to feedback on their collection’s themes, motifs, and poem order. This workshop is limited to 4 participants. Dates: Wednesdays October 21, 28, Nov. 4, 11 from 7:00-9:00 PM EDT. Cost: $200 by check, PayPal or Venmo. Email email@example.com to register.
Writing and Grief Workshop: Let the practice of writing guide you through the process of grief to discover underlying peace and reconnect with your personal joy. We will explore poetry, memoir, and journal writing in this 6 week virtual workshop. Participants will need access to a computer and the Zoom application. Dates: Sunday 1:00-3:00 EDT November 1, 8, 15, 22, 29 and December 6. Cost: $150.00 payable by check, PayPal or Venmo. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to register.
Advanced Poetry Workshop: a six-week advanced poetry workshop and study group. Each week we will discuss craft and prosody particularly in terms of how they affect our relationship with poetry, our sense of craft and our revision process. Some weeks we will focus on generating new work and other weeks we will focus on works-in-progress and/or revision. Participants will be expected to have their own copies of the books. Some supplemental material may be provided. The cost for this class is $160. Email email@example.com to register.
Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org for information about any of these workshops.
- Pay your class fee through PayPal (to email@example.com) with a note indicating which class or workshop session you are registering for.
- Send me an email with your workshop preferences and I will send an invoice using paypal, email, or USP, whichever you prefer.
Then watch your email for confirmation and further instructions.
Class size is limited, so register soon.
Start Where You Are Yoga and Memoir Workshop will meet via Zoom from 6:30-8:30 Thursdays in September for 4 weeks (September 3, 10, 17, & 24). Get all the benefits of home practice but with other like-minded yogi/writers. Participants will be led through approximately 30 minutes of yoga followed by memoir writing exercises and instruction.
Coaching Sessions and Groups
For those who are interested, I also offer developmental editing and one-to-one coaching for writers at every stage of their career, from budding beginner to widely published professional. Whether you are finishing your first, second, or third book or simply wish to add depth and meaning to your personal writing, we can work together to rekindle the passion to complete your project. For more information, contact Lisa at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Select from one of these packages, or create your own:
Generative Coaching (starting at $25):
- One week program to jump start or return to writing, includes exercises, prompts, phone conference, and email communication.
- One month program includes writing prompts and exercises, feedback on drafts, email and phone communication, notes on themes and motifs.
- Ninety-day program including writing prompts and exercises, feedback on drafts, email and phone communication, notes on themes and motifs, manuscript building or consultation.
Developmental Editing (starting at $80.00):
- Ten-page developmental editing with 50 minute phone conference and notes
- Twenty-page developmental editing with 50 minute phone conference and notes
- Fifty-page developmental editing with two 50 minute phone conferences and notes
Coaching (Starting at $15.00):
- One-time phone conference to overcome a temporary “block.”
- One-month program designed to start or return to a regular writing practice.
- Ninety-day program includes above plus focus on a specific project and/or support while sending out work for consideration.